Bringing performances at par:
You can’t hope to maximize lead generation in India if only 20% of your employees bring in 80% of the company’s business while the others are contributing little. It’s not difficult to imagine the extent you to which you can raise your productivity levels if you can bridge the gap between the performance levels of the two kinds of workers. Following are three ways for achieving this objective.
1.Identifying shortcomings of low-performers:
You need to identify the shortcomings of your low-performers in order to improve their performance. These weaknesses can be categorized as:
· Difficulty in advancing sales leads beyond initial phases;
· Poor performance during conversations and presentations;
· Inability to build sustained relationships;
· Lack of a clear vision and inability to make strategies or take important decisions.
2.Listing the characteristics of high-performers:
Having pointed out the shortcomings of low-performers, it’s important to list the characteristics of the high performing sales people. Now you want the low-performers to learn and embrace these qualities. Some of these qualities could be categorized as:
· Ability to develop good referrals;
· Ability to build sustained business relationships;
· Fluency and flexibility during conversations;
· Good at using technology;
· Broad vision to devise effective strategies;
· Hardworking and focused.
3. Imparting regular training:
After completing the first two steps, it’s imperative to conduct regular training sessions where both these employees share their views and experiences. The low-performers will learn from their better performing colleagues during these sessions. These sessions also give them an opportunity to learn the tricks of the trade from their colleagues that would help them contribute towards enhancing lead generation in India.